What To Expect
For each of our clients:
- No appointment needed to drop off a completed questionnaire, all your tax documents and any other information;
- An in depth interview is conducted and tax forms are reviewed;
- Your return will be prepared and reviewed;
- You can make an appointment to review the return, ask any questions and plan for the upcoming year;
- When you have signed to give permission, the tax return will be E-Filed for you. For those receiving a refund, direct deposit can be arranged.
- You will receive a signed copy of your tax return to keep. You can choose either an electronic or a paper copy.
How much does it cost to have you prepare my taxes?
That depends on the complexity of your tax situation. We charge based on how many forms are needed to complete your return, and how much time it takes. We are happy to provide an estimate based on last year’s tax return. Please call for an appointment.
Can I pay my taxes by credit card?
Yes, the IRS accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. The IRS will charge additional fees.
What if I owe and can’t pay my taxes?
We can help you set up a payment plan. We can request it at the time you file, or if you owe for multiple years, we can work with the IRS on your behalf. We can also discuss the other options you have to become compliant with IRS.
How can I get a copy of a previously filed tax return?
If we prepared the tax return and you are a current client, we can supply you with a copy. If we did not prepare the return, fill out a Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return.
Do you charge extra for electronic filing?
No, electronic filing is included with all our tax returns at no extra charge
What should I bring with me to the tax appointment?
You should bring all tax-related documents provided to you by your employer(s), pension provider and/or social security administration, bank, credit union, stock broker, mortgage statements, childcare provider, etc. These would include the W-2, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1098, paid property tax receipts, record of charitable contributions, etc. For a more complete list, please review our Tax Appointment Checklist and Questionnaire
Can I just drop off?
We are happy to have you drop off your paperwork and a completed questionnaire. We will follow up with you by phone or email to complete your return. At that time, we will arrange for a time to review with you and answer your questions.